This vibrant and sunny, silky, and creamy, fresh lemon ice cream strikes the ideal balance between tart and sweet. This “American-style” or “Philadelphia-style” ice cream is prepared without eggs or egg yolks to allow the lemon flavor to flourish. In addition, a small amount of corn syrup is added so that this ice cream will remain exceptionally creamy and scoopable until the very last scoop.
This simple homemade lemon ice cream recipe is the ideal summertime delicacy. Only fresh ingredients and a Cuisinart ice cream maker are required!
Lemon Ice Cream
This refreshing lemon ice cream requires no preparation and is highly addictive! The ideal summertime dessert that will quench your thirst and leave you desiring more and more.
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- Freeze and Churn Time: 5 hours
- Time time: 5 hours and 15 minutes
- Serving: 6 servings
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 2 cups of 2% milk
- 14 ounces of condensed milk
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons freshly extracted lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon zest
How To Make Lemon Ice Cream?
Here are the step to follow for making yummy lemon ice cream:
Step 1: Freeze The Ice Cream Bucket Ahead Of Time
Always place the ice cream bucket in the ice cream maker at least 24 hours before creating ice cream.
Step 2: Bring Together The Lemon Ice Cream Mixture
When the bucket is frozen and available, let’s prepare the Lemon Ice Cream by zesting and juicing the fresh lemons.
I prefer to zest lemons before juicing them, as it can be challenging to zest lemons that are no longer robust and juicy.
Combine heavy cream, milk, condensed milk, freshly squeezed lemon juice, and lemon zest in a large basin. Stir to integrate ingredients.
Step 3: Refrigerate The Mixture
Refrigerate the lemon ice cream mixture for 30 to 60 minutes in the refrigerator. Step 4 will be facilitated by the ice cream being simpler to churn if the mixture is kept cold.
Step 4: Churn The Ice Cream
Follow the instructions in the ice cream maker’s manual to produce the ice cream.
Typically, you must turn on the ice cream maker and then position the frozen bucket and churning components on the machine.
Then, add the cold mixture to the container and churn it for 30 to 45 minutes or until the ice cream has thickened.
Step-5: Transfer And Freeze
After the ice cream has been churned, transfer the Lemon Ice Cream to a container.
At this juncture, Lemon Ice Cream will still be soft, but its consistency will be thicker than before churning.
Freeze ice cream for 5 to 6 hours, or overnight, until it becomes solid and resembles the ice cream we are all familiar with.
You enjoy enhancing the lemon flavor of ice cream by adding additional lemon zest.
Tips And Tricks
The ice cream mixture will expand as it is churned. However, by that time, you will sufficiently freeze that it will not fall over or cause a disturbance.
Ensure that the receptacle of your ice cream maker is frozen for at least one night. If you have sufficient freezer space, store the ingredients in the freezer to create ice cream whenever you desire.
Using chilly ingredients will accelerate the freezing process. There is no need to allow anything to reach ambient temperature in this location.
After some time in the freezer, the ice cream will solidify considerably. Please remove it from the freezer approximately 10 minutes before serving to facilitate pouring.
If you want to attempt to cut calories, you can experiment with adjusting the cream-to-milk ratio. However, bear in mind that changing the quantities will alter the texture.
How To Serve Lemon Ice Cream Without Eggs Recipe?
Serving eggless lemon ice cream can be a pleasurable experience. Here is an essential guide:
- Scooping: Due to the absence of eggs, this ice cream can become quite solid in the freezer, making dipping easier with a scooper moistened in hot water.
- Accompaniments: Lemon ice cream pairs well with fresh fruit, such as sliced citrus fruits or berries, which enhances the citric flavors. A mint sprig also lends a pleasing touch.
- Zest or Drizzle: Consider grating lemon zest over the ice cream for an extra citrusy kick, or drizzle with lemon juice. Alternately, a drizzle of lemon curd or a light lemon nectar can accentuate the lemon flavor.
- Presentation: For an elegant flourish, serve the ice cream in chilled bowls or dessert glasses.
- Garnish: A small lemon slice placed on the edge of the dish can lend a decorative touch.
How To Store Leftover Lemon Ice Cream?
Freeze the No-Churn Lemon Ice Cream in a shallow, airtight container that is freezer-safe. Press a piece of plastic wrap onto the surface of the Ice Cream as an added precaution against the formation of ice crystals. Keeping the flavor and texture of leftover lemon ice cream, particularly one made without eggs, requires the following steps:
- Airtight Container: Airtight Container Place the ice cream leftovers in an airtight container. Choose a freezer-safe container or use a tightly sealed container to prevent the formation of ice crystals.
- Plastic Wrap: If the ice cream is in a dish, cover its top with plastic wrap directly before securing the container. It reduces air exposure and the likelihood of crystallization.
- Freezer Placement: Place the airtight container in the coldest section of the freezer, typically the rear. Avoid placing it in the entrance of the freezer to avoid temperature fluctuations.
- Avoid Over-freezing: For optimal quality, ingest ice cream within one to two weeks of purchase. Ice cream can become freezer-burned and lose its original flavor over time.
- Thawing and Serving: Before scooping and serving, allow the ice cream to melt for a few minutes at room temperature when you are ready to consume the remnants.
- Add Fruits: Strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries complement each other well.
- Zest: I used lemon rind in this recipe, but lemon extract can be used as a substitute. It saves time and removes the zest’s texture. Use half the quantity of the suggested zest measurement. In this case, one tablespoon of extract would replace two tablespoons of citrus.
- Substitute Extract: Use orange extract or traditional vanilla in place of lemon extract.
- Add Graham Cracker Crumbs: For a frozen cheesecake flavor, fold in Graham cracker crumbs. Add fruits and graham crackers to create cheesecake ice cream with blueberries or strawberries.
A recipe for lemon ice cream without eggs calls for heavy cream, condensed milk, freshly strained lemon juice, and lemon zest. Applying an ice cream maker to churn the mixture creates a creamy, tart confection. The process is simplified by the absence of eggs, resulting in a refreshing and zesty domestic treat.
Thank you for reading….