We will crave everything apple-flavored once autumn arrives. This straightforward homemade Apple Simple Syrup, composed of brown sugar and fresh apples, can flavor seltzer, oatmeal, ice cream, cakes, and more. So, how to make apple syrup for drinks?
The season for apples has arrived, and you consume them as part of a dessert beverage or by snatching one from the refrigerator.
What Is Simple Syrup?
Simplified syrup is sugar and water reduced to a simmer. You can combine almost any substance with sugar and water to flavor syrup.
Although simple syrup has numerous applications, its most prevalent is to flavor and sweeten cocktails straightforwardly. Almost every bar is supported by a bottle of simple syrup. Additionally, the finest ones will have multiple varieties.
What Kind Of Apples To Use?
It is strongly advised to utilize sweet fruits to prepare this apple syrup. In case you were wondering, this chart identifies the tastiest apples.
Although we prefer the sweet apple variety Honeycrisp, I occasionally use Fuji, Gala, Ambrosia, Juici, Snapdragon, and Red Delicious when preparing this nectar.
A more decadent apple will produce a sweet, simple syrup, and the added sugar will also contribute to the syrup’s viscosity.
- Prepare Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Chill Time: 1 hour
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Makes: 1/2 cup
- 1 Cup of water
- 1 cup packed brown sugar (dark is ideal for a more robust caramel flavor, but mild will also suffice).
- 2 sliced apples (approximately 2 cups)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
Combine cinnamon, sliced apples, sugar, and water in a medium saucepan and bring to a simmer.
Reduce heat once the mixture reaches a boil and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the apples have softened and the mixture has thickened.
While pressing the apples with a wooden spoon or spatula to extract as much liquid as possible, strain the mixture into a bowl.
Before using, place syrup in a bowl or mason container and refrigerate until completely cooled. As the syrup cools, further thickening will occur.
How To Use To Make Apple Syrup For Drinks?
Many individuals associate cocktails exclusively with essential syrups. And while a well-crafted nectar will undoubtedly contribute to creating a delightful cocktail, you can utilize it for much more.
The following are a few of my favorite applications for apple simple syrup:
- Apple Sangria (you can modify this recipe by substituting apples for pears).
- Apple Margaritas
- Homemade Apple Soda: The homemade apple soda is a seasonal delight children will adore. Combine apple syrup and carbonated water to create homemade apple soda.
- Coffee or Tea Flavoring: For coffee or tea flavoring, you can use this syrup to create a Starbucks-inspired Apple Crisp Macchiato, Iced Apple Crisp Oatmilk Macchiato, and Iced Apple Crisp Oatmilk Shaken Espresso. However, you can also use it to flavor coffee or tea.
- Salad Dressing Ingredient: An apple-based salad vinaigrette would be a delectable addition to a kale salad; in this case, you could substitute the pears for apples.
- Oatmeal or Yogurt Topping: Begin your day with a delicious start by drizzling with a small amount of this syrup over yogurt or oatmeal.
- Ice Cream Topping: This apple syrup could elevate a straightforward vanilla ice cream. You could also utilize it to garnish my apple pie ice cream.
- Waffle or Pancake Topping: For a variation on the traditional maple syrup, consider utilizing apple syrup.
- Cake Moistener: Before cakes settle, many individuals apply a thin layer of simple syrup to increase their moisture content. Additionally, the flavored simple syrup can impart flavor to a cake; this apple rendition would not only complement a vanilla cake but also coffee cakes and other fragrant cakes.
- Cocktail Rimmer: Simple syrup is a constant ingredient in my refrigerator, reserved for garnishing the rims of my cocktails. By applying a small amount of this nectar to the edge of a cocktail glass, one can effortlessly apply sugar to the rim in preparation for an assortment of amusing cocktails.
- Apple Marinade: Infuse your steak or chicken with autumn flavor by preparing an apple marinade using this uncomplicated syrup.
- Glaze: As an alternative to a marinade, this nectar may also be applied to meat as a glaze. It would complement my apple spice-glazed ham splendidly.
Variations Of Apple Syrup For drinks
While the flavor of this simple apple syrup remains our favorite, you can easily modify it to suit your preferences and the ingredients at your disposal.
Here are a few ideas:
- You can still prepare this with granulated sugar; however, you will diminish the caramel flavor. However, it will retain its delectable apple essence.
- Increase the cinnamon for enhanced flavor. Alternatively, if you wish to highlight the apple, omit it.
- Include a few segments of freshly grated ginger; the combination of apple and ginger is delightful.
- Incorporate additional seasonal spices, such as ground cloves or all-spice, ginger, or nutmeg.
- An additional vanilla seed is added.
- Add honey.
- Sugar: To prepare sugar-free apple syrup, utilize your preferred sugar substitute.
- Berry apple syrup: To create a summery syrup, substitute some of the apples with your preferred berries.
- Apple ginger syrup: Combine the apples with a peeled and diced 1-inch piece of ginger.
- Maple apple syrup: Apple syrup made with maple syrup can be used instead of sugar.
How To Storage Apple Syrup For Drinks?
It is advisable to consistently store simple syrups in an airtight container in the refrigerator. With proper storage, the syrup should retain its freshness for at least one month.
You prefer to use these 16-ounce Mason jars to preserve syrup. It is even possible to obtain covers equipped with spouts to facilitate pouring.
Transfer the liquid to a glass container or bottle, then refrigerate. The shelf life is forty-eight weeks. You may also freeze it. If crystallization occurs after the item has been defrosted, preheat it gently in a small saucepan. It will restore the syrup to its original state by dissolving the saccharine crystals.
How To Make More Apple Syrup For drinks?
Who wants to avoid extra syrup on hand when creating a large batch of cocktails for a party or simply because they can? This recipe can be easily doubled or tripled.
Due to the syrup’s water-to-sugar ratio of 1:1, it is exceedingly simple to increase to one’s liking.
To double this recipe, substitute two cups of sugar and two cups of water for each additional apple slice. Even with only two or three apple slices, this nectar remains delectable. Simply put, I enjoy packing in extra apple flavor.
What Should I Serve With This Cinnamon Syrup Recipe?
Everything will begin to be saturated with this cinnamon apple syrup. These are some of your favorite items to pair with apple syrup:
- French toast
- The crepe
- The oatmeal
- Ice cream
- Cottage cheese
The process of making apple nectar for beverages is both uncomplicated and gratifying. By bringing apple slices, sugar, water, and seasonings to a boil, a fragrant and sweet syrup is produced. By subjecting the mixture to filtration, a multipurpose syrup is ideal for infusing into mocktails, cocktails, or other beverages. It imparts a pleasant aroma of freshly prepared apple essence.
Thank you for reading….